Re: [opensuse] Re: multi-page continuous scanner anyone?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:51:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2009-06-18 at 16:36 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Looks like it only goes up to 600x600 dpi optical, though.

For document archive 600x600 is overkill.

Typically 200x200 is used and 300x300 is used for high quality.
Assuming your coming from normal paper docs.

If I were scanning my magazine collections, with photos, I would use 600dpi minimum, so that I could print a page later as good as the original.

Which makes me wonder if it could be possible to scan a page with different resolutions for text and images, automatically.

Maybe in the future.

Or at least store it differently. Perhaps DjVu... but the available open tools for creating djvu files are far from optimal.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.