Re: [opensuse] Accessing a partition more than once (ar equivalent functionality)
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:56:40 +0200
On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 10:10 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <1245335778.4725.75.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

It would sort of make sense, as /proc is read-only, right?

Not at all, but reads/writes to "files" in proc are handled not by
reading/writing the bits from/to some medium, but rather
receiving/presenting them from/to specific kernel functions.

In particular, there are still a number of tunable parameters under
/proc/sys, IIRC.

I thought the things in /proc that were for system tuning and all were
moved out of /proc. I confess that I have had less need for this these
days, so I have not kept current on it.