[opensuse] Re: Backups
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:13:29 +0200
Per Jessen a écrit :

John, I think perhaps you need to consider what you want to backup, when
you want to back it up and to where you want to back it up to. Then
come back and tell us "I want to back up /etc /home and /root", "I want
to do it every day at 0400 in the morning" and "I want to do it to
DVDs". I'm sure you'll get some more comprehensive answers with those
details.

and, perhaps, the file size...

I have video folders, with images of video dvd, it makes little
meaning to backup them to dvd as data, I copy them as video dvd and
make backups on hard drive.

you need also to know what you want to restore: whole computer or lost
file deleted by one user (that is one file among many)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org