Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:27:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2009-06-17 at 12:06 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

But lilo has some uses, it works on some instances where grub does
not, and thus, I see it as an alternative for those cases where the
primary booter (grub) does not work. It is sound engineering
redundance to have two valid solutions.

One example I can think of - I manage a number of remote servers where I
have no console access. A grub shell would be of no use here, and to
me(!) it's no big deal to boot the rescue system (via pxeboot) and
correct lilo.conf.

Doesn't grub manage the serial port? Tsk, tsk, too bad... :-P

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.