Re: [opensuse] Moving the database directories
  • From: Adam Tauno WIlliams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:28:46 -0400
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 03:44 -0500, Duaine & Laura Hechler wrote:
So I can stop worrying about wiping out my db data, what would be the
best way to move the db's from /var to /home ?

What dbs?

(I'm already kicking off the apps from a script to backup the data after
I close the app - but if the backup doesn't work than I'm back to square
one)
Or instead of backing up the data - do an rsync from the directories of
/var to /home ? (would this be better ?)

How isn't that a backup? As for "better" I think the results are
probably exactly the same. How are you performing your "backup" now?