Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:06:30 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

But lilo has some uses, it works on some instances where grub does
not, and thus, I see it as an alternative for those cases where the
primary booter (grub) does not work. It is sound engineering
redundance to have two valid solutions.

One example I can think of - I manage a number of remote servers where I
have no console access. A grub shell would be of no use here, and to
me(!) it's no big deal to boot the rescue system (via pxeboot) and
correct lilo.conf.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.4°C)