[opensuse] Moving the database directories
  • From: Duaine & Laura Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 03:44:18 -0500
So I can stop worrying about wiping out my db data, what would be the
best way to move the db's from /var to /home ?

(I'm already kicking off the apps from a script to backup the data after
I close the app - but if the backup doesn't work than I'm back to square
one)

Or instead of backing up the data - do an rsync from the directories of
/var to /home ? (would this be better ?)

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ