Re: [opensuse] Re: NVIDIA control files
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:59:16 +0200
On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 13:20 -0400, Boris Epstein wrote:

OK, figured this one out. There is a file called
/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia whose content look something like the
following:

--------------------------
options nvidia NVreg_DeviceFileUID=0 NVreg_DeviceFileGID=33
NVreg_DeviceFileMode
=0666
--------------------------

All you have to do is change the mode in NVreg_DeviceFileMode=0xxx to
what you desire.

OOC, why would you need to change this? I have:

crw-rw---- 1 root video 195, 255 2009-06-15 08:07 /dev/nvidiactl

Wouldn't that be correct? Xorg runs as root.

I ask all this because I still cannot get desktop effects to work with a
supported nvidia card (all in an earlier thread in these parts).

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB