Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:47:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2009-06-16 at 09:33 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

"Lilo is that easy"? I never found anything easy about Lilo except shooting
yourself in the foot by forgetting or not knowing to _run_ lilo after _any_
configuration change, intentional or otherwise.

Grub has an easy shell. Lilo has no shell at all. Thus Lilo can't be easy
when what needs doing can't be done at all.

I find that shell impossible to use without printed instructions by the side. The first dificulty being that I have to translate linux names like hdc5 to the equivalent grub name.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.