Re: [opensuse] How to configure bluetooth
  • From: Michal Hrusecky <mhrusecky@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:52:39 +0200
Bruce Ferrell - 14:42 15.06.09 wrote:
It used to be in yast but I find it nowhere the obvious places (system,
hardware, network devices).

Although I do see there I could setup bluetooth at a network device,
that's not really what I'm trying to do. What I want to do is set the
pin used for pairing.

with strace I can see bluetoothd is trying to open a file in a
sub-directory of /var/lib/bluetooth, but I don't know the format.

I'me sure there's something simple I'm missing. I see on the Bluez wiki
that teh config files in /etc/bluetooth aren't really used anymore.

help?

I run into same problem on my other non-SUSE machine but I guess
solution will be the same (my SUSE machines don't have bluetooth). New
Bluez uses DBus to get PIN and the easiest solution for me was to
install gnome-bluetooth and pair my device using this. After pairing I
can use my device without gnome and I don't need gnome-bluetooth
anymore. I was unable to pair my devices from command line, although I
tried some commandline PIN entering utility from Bluez source tarball.

--
Michal Hrusecky

Package Maintainer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o