Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:20:05 +0200
Joachim Schrod wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:

I'm old (fashioned), I've never let YaST do anything to my lilo.conf
except for the initial install. I've also rarely had reason to
change anything in lilo.conf once I've put a server or a desktop PC
into production.

I have kernel rpms set to multiple installations, to be able to
boot an old kernel again if any problem surfaces. This rescued my
a** several times already. To support this, lilo.conf -- or
grub/menu.lst, for that matter -- has an entry for generic "boot
the current linux system", but also entries for each specific
kernel that gets installed. And the latter entries must be updated
for every kernel install. It's not a big issue, but for grub it is
done automatically, and for lilo that's not the case.

But isn't that a problem because of lack of lilo support in YaST, not a
lilo problem as such?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.2°C)