Re: [opensuse] openoffice 3.0 packages for 10.3
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:33:16 +0200
I have openSUSE 10.3.
I am searching for the latest openoffice 3.0 packages, where can I find
them? In the official update repository the version is still 2.3 and in the
software repository it is 3.1. Where are the previous 3.0 packages?

I am afraid that they are lost, definitely.

The 2.3 packages were distributed with openSUSE-10.3. The 3.1 packages are
provided by the Build Service project OpenOffice.org:STABLE.

The 3.0 packages were provided by the Build Service project seven months ago.
The were replaced by the 3.0.1 packages four months ago and they have been
replaced by 3.1 packages two weeks ago. It would need too much disk space to
keep all the older versions :-(

You can get the 3.0.1 builds of pretty much any mirror of the official
OOo version. For example:
ftp://ftp.plusline.de/pub/OpenOffice/stable/3.0.1/
I picked the mirror (as an example) from this list:
http://distribution.openoffice.org/mirrors/

C.