Re: [opensuse] Firefox extensions for users
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:28:00 -0400
On Monday 15 June 2009 02:55:41 am Stephan Schöffel wrote:
I installed the Web Developer Tool extension for Firefox as root. How
can I make this extension available for users? They do not see it.
Problem is, users cannot install it, since they have now internet access
(classroom scenario).

--Stephan

Looks to me that you got your browsers mixed up, with Seamonkey some/most
extensions need to be installed as root because on where they install to
making them available for every user that runs Seamonkey. The major downside
to Seamonkey is the lack of extensions for it compared to what Firefox has.
--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure." Karl Popper