Re: [opensuse] JAVA conversion tool
  • From: Boris Epstein <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:27:30 -0400
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Boris Epstein wrote:

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Dave
Howorth<dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Boris Epstein wrote:
Can you recommend a tool to convert a bunch of legacy C code into
Java?

A programmer? But I expect I/they'd resent being called a 'tool' :)

Cheers, Dave
--

Well, I am ending up playing the role of said tool... And am wondering
if that role could be offloaded to a piece of software:)

In fact, I've found a couple, but they seemed so primitive as to be
almost of no use.

Don't bother - you'll end up with a nightmare of unmaintainable code.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.6°C)

Per,

You are probably right. It's better to just manually port the code.

Boris.