Re: [opensuse] editor that does not eat out TAB characters
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:53:17 +0200
On Monday 15 June 2009 13:28:48, Maura Monville wrote:
I have just learnt, to my dismay, that python syntax is sensitive to
indentation, even if python is supposed to be a modern language ... I
figured that out when I used Mac textEditor to copy some lines from a
python script and paste them into the pdb text window for debugging.

Since I will be using SuSE systems to debug such a script, my question is:
do you know of an editor, running on SuSE, which does not cut off the
precious indentation characters making a mess of a python script ? For
instance, Emacs won't work for this particular problem.

Some time ago I got an editor running on Windows (on campus I had to use a
Windows box) named "UltraEdit" (I am not sure the spelling is right). It
was a very flexible editor tta could be configured for performing very
basic as well as very sophisticated editing functions. I wonder whether
something similar is available on Linux platforms.

Thank you so much,
Maura

I love kwrite :-)
it doesn't do anything you don't tell it to do and leaves everything as you
typed/copied it, unless you set it up different. It also has a very good
syntax highlighting and other helpers...

Daniel

erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/