Re: [opensuse] No internet connection
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:00:27 +0200 (CEST)

El 2009-06-15 a las 12:35 +0900, Thomas Blasejewicz escribió:

Carlos E. R. さんは書きました:

Cable, adsl, ISDN, POT modem, wi-fi, router, programs used, etc.
How are the other computers that work setup, etc.

Thank you.

Please, post to the list, not in private. I'll leave your answer on the list so somebody else can reply, I'm off to the job now.

ADSL connection. Recently bought a new wireless router, but both my computer and the "linux" computer are wired to that router.
After setting up the router, all I had to do, was press a button and wait for the thing to automatically set itself.
SUSE 10.3 was installed AFTER that and DID connect to the internet for a while (it was updating something that took hours on end).

Although I know the ID and PW for the connection, because I had to enter that on my work computer previously.
there was no need to worry about it with setting up the new router.
AND, I am really sorry about this, not being a computer wizard I don't really know how things are working behind the screen.

So, if I am asked tough questions about technical aspects described in a variety of 3-5 letter acronyms - I cannot really answer.
All I want is the computer to work (without minding the intricacies of computer science) - and help me finish my work faster (easier).

Incidentally, I am trying to "get friendly" with Linux for over a year and still cannot get much past the most basic installation (if at all).
I tried about 10 different versions of Linux on 3 different computers.
Some of these do successfully establish an internet connection, others don't.
To me it all seems like it all depends on how Linux feels on that day ...

- -- Saludos
Carlos E. R.

< Previous Next >