Re: [opensuse] automount option
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:04:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-06-14 at 22:42 -0000, Maura Monville wrote:

Please, I'd like to know on which menu I can find the automount option for
external memory devices on SuSE 11.1.

As long as I have used 10.3 it used to be on the menu
Configure-Desktop --> External-Device

We have seen your post repeated three times at least.

There are many reasons for not answering. One, is that it works by default, we don't configure it, nor do we need to know. Actually, the inner workings of hal, udev, and the rest are quite difficult to understand.

Me, I use gnome, so what there is, is fire up gnome-control-center, then in the hardware section select "removables drives and media preferences". But there is nothing about disks or automount. Or you could click on nautilus, preferences, and there the last tab is "media" - not exactly automount.

As I said, we don't configure automount.

Ah, but you don't use Gnome, but kde? Sorry, but you didn't say so. I forgot: that was my reason for not replying previously. But you insisted... >:-)

So, please restate your question appropriately.

Ok? :-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.