Re: [opensuse] Updating VirtualBox
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 00:52:54 +0300
At 22:02:16 on Sunday Sunday 14 June 2009, "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-06-14 at 17:27 +0300, Stan Goodman wrote:
I am also confused about the question about the kernel module. There
was no such err when I installed the preceding version. I see in YaST
that there is a short list of kernel modules for the ose version of
VirtualBox, but what I have here is what I downloaded from the Sun
site.

Why didn't you install the buildservice version of virtual box, also at
2.2.4 version, which would probably have installed the kernel modules
needed?

Do you mean the version that is on YaST? I knew about that, but I had
recommendations here on this forum suggesting that I prefer the full
version (not the freebie) on the program's website. The one that one gets
through the repository is the freebie.

Probably it wouldn't make much difference for me, since I don't plan to be
a big user of the WinXP that intend to install as a vm, but that is the
reason that I did what I did.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on