Re: [opensuse] Updating VirtualBox
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:35:41 -0500
On Sunday 14 June 2009 01:04:03 pm Stan Goodman wrote:
At 17:38:36 on Sunday Sunday 14 June 2009, Masaru Nomiya
..
Have you installed kernel-headers?

kernel-headers is indeed present. But the VirtualBox User Manual, mentions
that file only for Ubuntu and Debian. On the other hand, what is
mentioned for openSuSE are kernel-source and kernel-syms, and the latter
of these was missing. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction,
which would have been difficult for me to find from the error message and
the log entry that I was given.

In general kernel-headers are used to compile applications,
For any modules you need headers in current kernel-sources.
So far I recall message from factory ML with 11.2 there will be kernel-devel
package that is much smaller and it will contain all files necessary to
compile modules.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/