Re: [opensuse] No internet connection
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:50:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2009-06-15 at 01:19 +0900, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

Good evening
The other day I installed 10.3, which worked somehow.
At that time the internet connection was functioning.

For the last few days I tried (again) to install some software, but
always get errors telling me that the
"connection failed".
I don't think I changed anything related to internet connection and the
other computers connected to the same
modem do work fine.
And since it DID work fine for a while, I think all the setup things
related to password etc. should be working fine now too. Or am I wrong here?

Is there anything ordinary mortal men like me can do about this?

The mortal man here has no access to a quality crystal ball, so I can't know how your setup is, so... could do the tell us how your internet setup is made? :-)

Cable, adsl, ISDN, POT modem, wi-fi, router, programs used, etc.
How are the other computers that work setup, etc.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.