Re: [opensuse] JRE - how do I get it?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:53:16 -0400
Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Good evening
I use (not really) OpenSUSE 10.3 (computer is very old).
After long struggles I somehow finally managed to install it.
Yet, trying to use OpenOffice - newest version, not the one that is on
the installation disk; will address this in a different message - I get
an error message, telling me that I need JRE, because the one installed
(?) is broken.

How do I get/install JRE and make it operational?

Thank you.

It's available in Yast > Software Management. Just search on "Java" and
you'll see a couple.