Re: [opensuse] Problem with sound on OpenSuse 11.1
  • From: medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:08:51 +0700
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Jean-Claude Lorin<jlorin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When I reboot I am back to square one no sound in Banshee, Amarok or
Firefox, everything fine with Skype and Mplayer. If I then do rcalsasound
restart sound is OK with Banshee, Amarok and Firefox but not in Skype where
the USB device of my external webcam is no longer seen. I tried closing
Skype and reopening it but to no avail. If I then reboot everything OK
again with Skype but no more sound with Banshee, Amarok and Firefox. If I
do rcalsasound restart we are up to a new round...... ;-(

Anyone can help ?

Are you follow the wiki suggestion on
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:AudioTroubleshooting

I see there is also an update on alsa-driver-kmp on
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio:/KMP/openSUSE_11.1_Update/
, maybe you can give it a try.

There is a wiki on also update on http://en.opensuse.org/Alsa-update

HTH