Re: [opensuse] Problem with sound on OpenSuse 11.1
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:59:29 +0700
On Sunday 14 June 2009 20:05:59 Jean-Claude Lorin wrote:
Le Thursday 11 June 2009 19:14:11 Jean-Claude Lorin, vous avez écrit :
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 01:42, Jean-Claude Lorin<jlorin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I shouted victory too soon :-(

When I reboot I am back to square one no sound in Banshee, Amarok or
Firefox, everything fine with Skype and Mplayer. If I then do rcalsasound
restart sound is OK with Banshee, Amarok and Firefox but not in Skype
where the USB device of my external webcam is no longer seen. I tried
closing Skype and reopening it but to no avail. If I then reboot
everything OK again with Skype but no more sound with Banshee, Amarok and
Firefox. If I do rcalsasound restart we are up to a new round...... ;-(

Anyone can help ?
No help from me but you are not alone. I have the same kind of problem with
Skype having no sound after a restart but my prolink TV card works. After
having been busy working on my computer sound on Skype very often is gone.
I have the 26.27 .23 -0.1 default. I thought it may have been my Kmix but
after deleting Kmix and only using Alsamix I still have the same
inconsequential behavior. Still trying to pin down the problem and for the
time being just using alsaconf or rcalsasound restart.