Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:42:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-06-14 at 13:28 +0200, jdd wrote:

You can follow the recommended, time proved, practice of having a
separate /boot partition in ext2 format, then root can be XFS (or
anything).

it's probably also possible to have grub on the extended partition

You mean on that primary partition that acts as a container for other partitions? No, I don't thinks so. Maybe the first stage, using the available 512 bytes less whatever, but that is all, and grub needs way more. The next stages have to go elsewere.

It is possible, some people have done it, but is not straightforward.

I think XFS can be set on logical ones?

Of course.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.