[opensuse] Kmail locking up for periods of time
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 23:35:30 +0100
hi list

Is anyone else having performance problems with Kmail from within kontact?
I'm using KMail Version 1.11.90 KDE 4.2.90 (KDE 4.2.90 (KDE 4.3 Beta2))
"release 139"

I did a lot of housekeeping a few days ago, moving emails around to new and
existing folders, deleting etc. Whilst i was doing the housekeeping kontact
started hitting 75-80 CPU with the disk light flashing and locking up until it
finished. Now its happening quite a lot even when opening a mail, moving one
or receiving one (but its not happening every time). I use maildir.
It seems like its reordering an index or something.

regards

Ian