Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:52:19 -0400
Per Jessen wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The current suse-fied solution is just to have a small boot
partition, separate from root, formatted as ext2 - grub goes there,
root remains being xfs, everything works. :-)

---
And that's crap.
New and casual users will want to put everything in 1
partition.

Experienced users too - it's been a long time since I've bothered with a
separate boot partition - not since lilo could only deal with the first
1024 cylinders.

I use a separate /boot on my server, as it's configured for LVM & RAID5,
which requires /boot on a non RAID/LVM partition.