RE: [opensuse] Suse 11.1 Yast asking for password for network changes
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:38:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-06-13 at 00:19 -0700, James D. Parra wrote:

Thank you, David, for your reply.

I do not use X nor were any window managers installed;

You should have said this first time.

could kdesu really
be the culprit?

No. Or very much improbable.

The system starts in init3 and I run yast (ncurses) via an
ssh terminal and the password request pops through the yast session and
typing in your password doesn't get to the password request. Very strange.

Are you ssh-ing as root, or do you enter as user and then "su" or "su -" to root, or do you use yast as user?

The password request is in text mode inside the ssh session? Or is it a graphical window shown on the graphical X session of the client machine?

Please explain the details, we can't see what you see.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.