Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:36:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-06-13 at 09:41 +0200, Joachim Schrod wrote:

Dunno if Grub2 would have worked, lilo did it without any problems
and was at least still on SUSE's distribution DVD, although not
supported by SuSEconfig.

At least, it is there...

At first this meant that I had to take a bit more care during
kernel updates, no really big deal. Then kernel updates made
impossible my usage of VMware Server 1 -- after that I stopped
applying kernel updates at all...

You have to re-run the vmware setup program after a kernel update. This recompiles some modules, asks some silly questions, and then the server works as always.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.