Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:24:35 -0700
On Friday June 12 2009, Larry Stotler wrote:
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Randall R Schulz<rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
# fdisk /dev/sdb

Wouldn't grub default to sda in most cases?

??

GRUB goes where we tell it. The BIOS boots from the drive we
configure. /dev/sdb is my boot drive and /dev/sdb1 is my root file
system. The letters that follow /dev/sd mean very little and in fact
are not stable across changes in hardware, firmware and software, which
is why we now prefer by-label or by-id mounting.

Randall Schulz