Re: [opensuse] Re: iFolder
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:20:59 -0600
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Jim Henderson<hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:46:04 -0600, Stephen Shaw wrote:

Totally agree with you, but there is not a newer version that supports
11.0 or 11.1 yet.  Version 3.7.2 (btw) requires an unreleased version of
mono in order to run.   That is one of the major reasons for the delay.

Thanks for that information - I hadn't realized that was part of the
issue. :-)  (Also thanks for the correction on the version number, don't
know why I kept typing 2.7.2, I know it's based on iFolder 3 <G>).

Yeah. Its probably not as well announced as of yet. The project as
far as open source goes is really trying to get off the ground again.
But, at least its open again and with the promise that it will never
be closed again!!!

In that repo it has unreleased versions of mono.  The required version
will be mono 2.4.2.  Since they only just announced preview 1 of mono it
will probably be something like a month out.  As soon as mono is
released I'd imagine that you will see tons of announcements about it.

Perfect.

The repo gets update every few days give or take. There is a really
nasty bug that should be fixed and pushed out for monday and then I'd
recommend giving it a try.

As a side note, they are looking for people to help build out the
community site, add documentation, tasks and their status, cleanup old
documentation.  I'll see if we can't at least get something up that
talks about the prereleased stuff.

Thanks for that as well.  Had I the time, I'd probably look to contribute
- maybe sometime in the future my days will become far less busy. :-)

Completely understand. They are doing a huge bug closing push and I
feel really bad that I haven't gotten around to helping out :(

Jim

Stephen