Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:11:09 +0200
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

On 12/06/09 10:16, Carlos E. R. wrote:
But not sufficient people complained when they decided
that, to save costs :-(

Maybe because nobody really uses it anymore ?

We use it on all our systems - I also complained, and also asked that it
be kept in YaST as unsupported/deprecated in 11.1.
I even volunteered to take over the support in YaST, but had to back out
of that due to lack of time & skills. In my opinion, lilo does the
job, is easy and straight forward, has no problems with RAID etc. - we
just have no reason to change.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.7°C)