Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:07:38 -0700

The issue was Grub not being able to write to the root directory
if it is formatted as an XFS partition.

No, that's not the issue. The issue is that both xfs and grub write
to the same place breaking one another. They are (were?) currently
incompatible.

I must be missing something. I'm running two openSUSE 11.1 systems with
XFS root file systems that boot with GRUB. What are the full set of
criteria for encountering this bad interaction between XFS root file
systems and GRUB? (By the way, my /boot is on my root file system, i.e.
XFS.)

Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Randall Schulz