[opensuse] Re: Compiz Fusion + Nvidia Slow as can be
  • From: "Ben Kevan" <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:19:10 -0700
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:15:15 -0700, Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok..

I installed openSUSE 11.1 on a Dell D820 which has an NVIDIA 110 card and installed Compiz (from the CD, then upgraded using the X11:/XORG: repository) and every time I start it using:

compiz-manager --replace --indirect-rendering --loose-binding &
or
compiz-manager --replace --indirect-rendering &

The rendering is as slow as can be.. here is my xorg.conf

<snip>

Maybe I should include that i'm running Kernel 2.6.30 (from the factory repository) and it was compiled with gcc 4.4 (which the nvidia driver yelled about when I installed it, but i just said "no" to that error to ignore it, I've had that before and all worked just fine).

I'm going to try upgrading to compiz in factory (i'm crazy).

--
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may. -Fight Club