Re: [opensuse] memtest86+ .. Recent bad memory for OCZ? Anyone else? [slightly ot]
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:37:56 -0400
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

I have received and had to RMA 2 sets of OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066 in the
past
week (the first set painted the memtest86+ screen red right off the bat, the
second set (2 2-gig sticks), just one stick was bad that failed test 7).
Literally, the replacement RMA set was bad. What gives? Bad run of silicon?
Anyone else bought any in the past few weeks? Surprising, because other other
than a couple of prior OCZ RMAs over the years, I really haven't had any
problems with OCZ.

I haven't bought any of that memory, but a couple of years I bought some
for my ThinkPad. At first I tried an off brand and both original and
replacements failed with memtest. I then bough Kingston and it has
worked fine and no memtest errors.