[opensuse] Re: Problem with sound on OpenSuse 11.1
  • From: phoenix <bill.pye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:15:04 +0000 (UTC)
Jean-Claude Lorin <jlorin <at> synapse.net> writes:

After updating the kernel to 2.6.27.23-0.1-pae #1 yesterday I have suddenly
no
sound on Firefox, Banshee and Amarok. Sound is OK on Mplayer and Skype. I
tried updating Alsa but to no avail. I also did zypper up -t package with no
particular result.

What should I do?

PS everything was working fine before, except that on occasion I had to close
and re-open Firefox to get the sound working. Sometimes I also had to reboot

Jean-Claude

You'll find that the update you've done recently has muted the sounds, have a
look at your mixer settings and see if one of them is muted.

Regards

Bill