[opensuse] Problem with sound on OpenSuse 11.1
  • From: "Jean-Claude Lorin" <jlorin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 19:42:11 -0400
After updating the kernel to 2.6.27.23-0.1-pae #1 yesterday I have suddenly no
sound on Firefox, Banshee and Amarok. Sound is OK on Mplayer and Skype. I
tried updating Alsa but to no avail. I also did zypper up -t package with no
particular result.

What should I do?

PS everything was working fine before, except that on occasion I had to close
and re-open Firefox to get the sound working. Sometimes I also had to reboot

Jean-Claude