Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: David Haller <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 23:06:44 +0200
Hello,

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
I am most peeved by Google's recent change that make it impossible to
copy URLs or Save Link As... from the search results pages.

Uh? I get just simple links (using .com from Germany). Do you have
JS actived / allowed for google?

- klip
Manipulate the Klipboard from the command line

What if you don't have KDE with klipper running?

==== works with XFree86 3.3.6 and xorg 7.4 w/ ====
#!/bin/bash --norc -x
# needs klipper running or xselection installed
if test $# -lt 1 -o $# -gt 2 ; then
echo "klip: Usage: $0 paste|get / copy|put [ <string> ]" >&2
exit 1
fi
have_kde=$(dcop klipper >/dev/null 2>&1; echo $?;)
if test $have_kde -eq 0; then
get="dcop klipper klipper getClipboardContents"
set="dcop klipper klipper setClipboardContents"
else
get="xselection PRIMARY"
set="xselection PRIMARY --"
fi

case "$1" in
paste | get)
$get
;;
copy | put | set)
if test $# -eq 1 -o "$2" = "-" ; then
$set "$(cat)"
else
$set "$2"
fi
;;
esac
====

HTH,
-dnh

--
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare
at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".