Re: [opensuse] installing on an aspire one
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:12:46 +0300
On Tuesday 09 June 2009 20:46:20 you wrote:
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Bogdan Cristea<cristeab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 09 June 2009 17:56:02 Haneef Bashir wrote:
i need some help installing opensuse on to my aspire one. i made the
 bootable usb with openSUSE-11.1-NET-i586.iso but i dont know how to

The version of openSuSE you have used is made for network install. If you
have already an ISO image of the entire DVD, you could choose to install
from your hard disk (not very sure of this option).

I have a similar model and I have used the network install

could you tell me what options to choose? when i select the option
for network as the source medium, im given a choice of choosing
between ftp, http, nfs, smb/cifs, and tftp. which one do i choose? and
what info do i need to know after that? thanks

As far as I remember I have chosen http protocol and after that I have used
the default values. Have a look at this page too
http://en.opensuse.org/Network_Install