Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Dan Goodman <Dan.Goodman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 10:32:54 -0400
Randall R Schulz wrote:
... If you just click the search result, the net result is to redirect back
through Google to the actual search It's basically transparent to the browser
user for simple link
clicks and allows Google to get feedback on search quality (something I
have no problem with).

But which I, and I'm sure others do, especially when/if uninvited;
unannounced; and it slows me down.

If I am in fact in a Google "guinea pig" pool, fine. Think I'll try Bing
for a week or two... ;-) just for <S&G>...

I do like Google, for the most part, but I find this shenanigan
annoying. Often when/if asked, I allow info to be sent for debugging/QC
purposes. Until such time as it gets noticeably in my face...and right
now, it is anything but transparent.

--Dan G.