Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 16:02:17 +0200
Randall R Schulz wrote:

On Tuesday June 9 2009, Dave Howorth wrote:
Clayton wrote:
I believe one of them mentioned that it only
applied to users logged in to Google itself, which I am.

I am logged into Google... I still cannot find a way to duplicate
this new behavior.

I was logged in. I now 'signed out' but still get the evil page if
javascript is enabled.

You do realize that it's only the URL that you get if you Copy Link
Location or Save Link As.., right?

I didn't at first, but I've just double checked - the URL that I paste
afterwards is the same as what I see when the mouse hovers over it.

If you just click the search result, the net result is to redirect
back through Google to the actual search hit URL.

That's definitely not what is happening here.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.5°C)