Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:44:39 +0100
Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Tuesday June 9 2009, Dave Howorth wrote:
Clayton wrote:
I believe one of them mentioned that it only
applied to users logged in to Google itself, which I am.
I am logged into Google... I still cannot find a way to duplicate
this new behavior.
I was logged in. I now 'signed out' but still get the evil page if
javascript is enabled.

You do realize that it's only the URL that you get if you Copy Link
Location or Save Link As.., right? If you just click the search result,
the net result is to redirect back through Google to the actual search
hit URL. It's basically transparent to the browser user for simple link
clicks and allows Google to get feedback on search quality (something I
have no problem with).

Sorry, I don't understand the intent of your comment. But if it is
related, I use View/Message Source to determine which page I'm getting.

Cheers, Dave