Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 06:33:39 -0700
On Tuesday June 9 2009, Clayton wrote:
When it started happening a couple of weeks ago, I did some
searching (using Google, of course) and found that others had
noticed and blogged about this change a bit. I believe one of them
mentioned that it only applied to users logged in to Google itself,
which I am.

It is also not being used on Google Scholar, which is good for me
'cause I use that heavily.

I am logged into Google... I still cannot find a way to duplicate
this new behavior. A new feature turned on only for some users
maybe? Google has done that in the past with new/experimental
features... only some users get the feature until it's "debugged" and
then rolled out to everyone.

This is true. We used to do this (and I assume they still do) at Amazon.
There was a whole infrastructure for this sort of experiment. The
manager could could choose what percentage of the users would be part
of the experiment.

C.

Randall Schulz