Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 06:19:27 -0700
On Tuesday June 9 2009, Clayton wrote:
So I don't think I'll need *more* scripts. I think I'll just go
back to having *noscript* :)

I suppose that's a solution for some, but I cannot use an inert
Web.

What is the reason to want not to run software on your computer?

I haven't disabled javascript in my browser, but I get the same
behaviour that Dave describes.  I.e. the links are fine.

Phew... so it's not just me too. I've tested this on Solaris with
FF3, and openSUSE 11.1 with the latest FF3 as well... Java/JavaScript
IS enabled... I do not use noscript... and nothing is any different
with my Google search results using google.com or google.de... the
links are the same as they have always been. I've even logged into
my proxies and tried it via a UK IP and a US IP... and no changes...
same as always.

When it started happening a couple of weeks ago, I did some searching
(using Google, of course) and found that others had noticed and blogged
about this change a bit. I believe one of them mentioned that it only
applied to users logged in to Google itself, which I am.

It is also not being used on Google Scholar, which is good for me 'cause
I use that heavily.

C.

Randall Schulz