Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:45:59 -0700
On Monday June 8 2009, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Dan Goodman<Dan.Goodman@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I am most peeved by Google's recent change that make it impossible
to copy URLs or Save Link As... from the search results pages.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Using both FF and Chrome on
the windows box I sit in front of at the moment, I can copy the
target url of a found google search item. If I try to copy the
topmost link itself, I see what you mean: it copies essentially the
google find.

That's what I'm talking about.

However, at the bottom of the item listing the actual
URL target is printed clearly and can be copied. Since it is not a
link, I cannot "save as" but I can easily copy and paste to go
straight there.

Those don't even include the http:// prefix.

I'll try it with my SLED 11 box when I get home ....

Peter

Randall Schulz