Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:36:48 -0500
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Dan Goodman<Dan.Goodman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I am most peeved by Google's recent change that make it impossible to
copy URLs or Save Link As... from the search results pages.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Using both FF and Chrome on
the windows box I sit in front of at the moment, I can copy the target
url of a found google search item. If I try to copy the topmost link
itself, I see what you mean: it copies essentially the google find.
However, at the bottom of the item listing the actual URL target is
printed clearly and can be copied. Since it is not a link, I cannot
"save as" but I can easily copy and paste to go straight there.

I'll try it with my SLED 11 box when I get home ....

Peter