Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 10:41 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
Per Jessen said the following on 06/08/2009 10:00 AM:
2. Dealing with the complexities of PDF forms that need to be filled
in, signed and faxed.
signed?
Squigles, like you make with a pen on cheques and credit card forms.
And birthday cards.
I've got one scanned as a GIF and I can paste it onto my OpenOffice
documents :-)
I'd love to do the same with those PDF forms that say they can't be
saved once filled in.

Which has nothing to do with Hylafax, or even faxing at all. Or the
hardware. That is an application issue - you require signatures, which
requires a physical copy.

I wonder how many other people are in this situation?
I wonder if there is a 'small footprint' solution for laptops and
occasional use?
Is hylafax too much "footprint" for you? I mean, set it up once and use
it as often or not as you like.
What you're saying is that I need one of those nifty new laptops with 4G
of memory an 320G of disk.

Eh? To run Hylafax, no. To efficiently deal with modern scanners and
the resulting images - quite possibly yes.

Oh, drool! And here was I being told that
Linux runs well on old equipment that can't handle Vista.

Which is just dumb; and it is a really tired line anyway. If you want
to do very modern state-of-the-art things then you need modern
state-of-the-art hardware - period, regardless of your OS or whatever.
Because there are peripherals and peripheral attachments (USB2, etc...),
etc... that no OS can get around. The tricky part of that statement is
the "runs well" part - runs well doing what? LINUX can't get water from
a stone.