Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 17:09 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
Is hylafax too much "footprint" for you? I mean, set it up once and
use it as often or not as you like.
What you're saying is that I need one of those nifty new laptops with
4G of memory an 320G of disk. Oh, drool! And here was I being told
that Linux runs well on old equipment that can't handle Vista.
Well, my hylafax+asterisk setup runs on a 1GHz desktop PC with some
600Mb RAM and an 80Gb harddrive.

Ditto. My Hylafax box, used by ~300 people, is on equivalent
hardware.

HylaFAX is not this user's issue I suspect, it is that he wants to scan
documents. Faxing isn't the problem, but aquiring an image of a
physical page can be a pain (and required special-purpose hardware - a
scanner).

If you've got a laptop that'll run
e.g. openSUSE 10.3 or thereabouts, I think you'll be fine.