Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:09:08 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

Is hylafax too much "footprint" for you? I mean, set it up once and
use it as often or not as you like.

What you're saying is that I need one of those nifty new laptops with
4G of memory an 320G of disk. Oh, drool! And here was I being told
that Linux runs well on old equipment that can't handle Vista.

Well, my hylafax+asterisk setup runs on a 1GHz desktop PC with some
600Mb RAM and an 80Gb harddrive. If you've got a laptop that'll run
e.g. openSUSE 10.3 or thereabouts, I think you'll be fine.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.2°C)