Re: [opensuse] Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: Dan Goodman <Dan.Goodman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:23:22 -0400
Dan Kegel wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether depending on LSB 3.2 is going to
cut out a lot of users. How far along are folks on moving to
OpenSuse 11.1? Or are a large fraction of users still on older
versions of OpenSuse? Are these statistics available anywhere?
Thanks,
Dan

Datapoint:

Went from 10.3 to an upgrade of 11.1 with an attempt at using several
different desktops via toggling back and forth.

This led to dependency issues, among other things, so I subsequently did
a clean install of 11.1, keeping only my /home filesystem. That time I
went with only Gnome for desktop management.

Have not had any significant issues now for the last three or four
months. I update regularly, and often try suggested "tweaks" from here
and elsewhere.

Plan to go with an upgrade to 11.2 when it arrives.

Overall, I am satisfied with 11.1, although I share some of the concerns
about overall direction that others have expressed here.

Biggest issue for me is when and if I re-try KDE.