Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:00:40 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

But for those of us who live an work 'out of the office' an use a
laptop, something else is needed.

When I google for 'openoffice+fax' I get a lot of references to
How-Tos that specify:

To send a fax directly from OpenOffice.org, you need a fax modem
and a fax driver that allows applications to communicate with
the fax modem.

Well that's a big MAYBE.
Maybe the modem in my laptop can fax, but is it a real modem?

Define "real" :-)
If you can use it for dial-up on a plain analog telephone line, it's a
modem and there's a very good chance it will also do faxing.

So there are two problems:

1. A simplified, low footprint, occasional fax out of a document via
my laptop's modem.

I think hylafax is the answer to that.

2. Dealing with the complexities of PDF forms that need to be filled
in, signed and faxed.

signed?

I wonder how many other people are in this situation?
I wonder if there is a 'small footprint' solution for laptops and
occasional use?

Is hylafax too much "footprint" for you? I mean, set it up once and use
it as often or not as you like.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.2°C)